Sunday, April 19, 2015

C is for Christmas...in April?



So I have been pretty busy lately and I prefer to scrap in chronological order (with the occasional exception) so my most recent layout is Christmas 2013!

Despite being busy, I decided to participate in a great sketch challenge from Sketches in Thyme! They have new sketches each week, how awesome is that? The first two weeks flew by so I decided to use both of those sketches on a double page layout...
 
April Week 1 Challenge
April Week 2 Challenge














 
So here is my take on the first sketch ^^^^
 
and this is the second....
 


It was so much fun making this layout! My whole family had a great time remembering what a fun trip to Sea World this was. Taking the picture in the giant snow globe was so much fun, and about as close as we get to snow in Texas!

I wish the pictures were better, I prefer to take pics in natural light, but all we have had lately are dark and gloomy days!

Here are a few close ups :)




I used the sew easy tool along with a pretty sparkely green thread for the extra detail. My son especially loves it when I make Sesame Street characters with the Cricut. He giggled for 5 minutes straight when I told him the title of the page was "C is for Christmas!" Then he asked me for a cookie :)

Hope y'all enjoyed my layout, have a scrap'n good time...and play along with Sketches in Thyme!

21 comments:

  1. I love your Christmas layouts and yes, the sew easy tool comes in handy for adding a homey touch to layouts. Need to bring mine out more! Thank you for playing along with us at Sketches in Thyme!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have been using it nonstop since I got it for Christmas this year, I love it! I don't have a sewing machine so it is an awesome tool to have!

      Delete
  2. Very cute! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketches in Thyme.

    xoxo,
    Monique Fox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both gorgeous pages - I love black backgrounds but they can be so difficult to do well! You have really nailed these, thnks for joining us at Sketches in Thyme

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Black backgrounds are difficult, this is my first, it was a challenge! Thank you so much for your response :)

      Delete
  4. awesome holiday layouts. super cute. Thanks for sharing with us at
    Sketches in Thyme.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pages!!! I love your picture! Thank you for playing with us @sketches In Thyme!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some fab ideas Ali, I love the idea of using one layout for a double spread (I have done this with May's sketch)
    Thank you for join us at Sketches in Thyme ~ Helen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen, I'm glad you have done that as well!

      Delete
  7. Love both of the holiday layouts!! The photos are so cute! Thanks for joining in this month at Sketches in Thyme!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job on the layouts! :) Thanks for playing along with Sketches In Thyme! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice pages and great job with the sketches! Thank you for playing along with us at Sketches In Thyme!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow you found us twice with two sketches. :) Love both of them!! I'm such a fan of black backgrounds. You did great! Also envious of your chronological scrapper mind frame. I am all over the place. LOL. I'll get there. Some day. When I'm 90. Thanks so much for joining us at Sketches in Thyme.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that you combined them to make a double! Thank you for sharing with us at Sketches In Thyme!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job on both! Thanks for joining us at Sketches in Thyme!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful, happy layouts: my favorite is the first one: with the photo in the ball. So cool!
    Hugs. Eli (Sketches in Thyme)

    ReplyDelete