Saturday, May 9, 2015

Baby Mine

I am so excited about my newest layout!
I did a few new things that really turned out well, and I have Sketchabilities and Sketches in Thyme to thank for the inspiration! 
 
These two sketches are so awesome, I loved using them for my inspiration for a double layout.

 
Here is my layout 
 

I took inspiration from the sketches, and also from the lullaby "Baby Mine" ( I especially love the Alison Krauss version, but Dumbo is a classic!).
 
 
The first page is based on the Sketchabilities challenge. I absolutely love this sketch...really I love all of the Karan Gerber sketches, my first challenge was a Scrap Our Stash challenge with a sketch from Karan Gerber and it was my initial inspiration for starting a blog and completing challenges!





The Sketches in Thyme sketch challenge was also awesome. I loved this sketch so much, I like the flow and movement of the sketch and I really wanted to incorporate the 3 dimensional quality it portrayed. 


 
As always...some close ups :)

 
I used ribbon and flowers to create a 3 dimensional element, I was really happy with the outcome.
The flowers were my favorite thing to make for this page. I had such a blast making them for the first time. Usually I am content to create flat stacked flowers, but for this sketch I really wanted something more substantial.
 
 
 
I don't normally make such long titles for my pages but I decided to forgo journaling in order to use this title, which is one of my favorite lines from the song.
 
I got these adorable tiny clips at target a few days ago and knew I wanted to incorporate them into my page! I love the dollar section at target, I find so many fun things for my layouts there!
 
I am also really happy with how easy the sew easy tool makes sewing cool designs on my pages.




 
 
Have you ever made a layout based on a favorite song? I would love to see them! Have a scrap'n good time!

15 comments:

  1. Very nice 2 page layout and great job on both sketches! Thank you for playing along at Sketches In Thyme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layouts Ali, love love love the colours.
    Thank you for taking the time to join us at Sketches in Thyme!
    ~ Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful layout!! Nice work!!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Sketchabilities!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great page!!! love that blue!!! Thank you for joing us @Sketches In Thyme!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet layout! Thanks for playing along with Sketches in Thyme.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute! Thanks for playing along at Sketches In Thyme!

    ReplyDelete
  7. stunning take on both sketches!!! Thanks for playing along at Sketches in Thyme.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pages. Love the double page. Thanks for playing along at Sketchabilities

    ReplyDelete
  9. combining two sketches for a double page layout, how interesting, nice details, thank you for playing along with us over at Sketchabilities.

    ReplyDelete
  10. so cute photos! beautiful layouts! thank you for playing along with us at Sketchabilities!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such sweet photos, love the 2 sketches used as a double layout! The stitching looks amazing! Well done! Thanks for playing along at SIT!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is divine!!! Love what you have done with it... Thankyou for joining us at Sketches in thyme!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You did a fantastic job taking these 2 sketches and making a double page spread! Beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketches In Thyme!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! Thanks for playing at Sketches in Thyme!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So gorgeous!! Love the way you combined the two sketches to make the double layout! Love the stitching you did too. Thanks for playing at Sketches in Thyme.

    ReplyDelete